Dana prepares and prosecutes patent, trademark, industrial design, and copyright applications, including conducting patentability and registrability searches and maintaining patents and trademark and industrial design registrations.
She also advises clients on patentability, trademark registrability, validity, and infringement, and conducts research in litigation matters. Dana’s patent application and prosecution work includes mechanical inventions in the transportation industry, chemical- and materials-related inventions, and sports related inventions.
Outside of work, Dana divides her time between sports and the arts, with diverse pastimes that include playing hockey, practicing yoga, dragonboating, making jewelry, painting, and reading.
Membership & Affiliations
- Registered Canadian patent and trademark agent
- Authorized to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office in patent and trademark matters
- Canadian Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Mentoring Committee, Women Lawyers Forum, BC Branch
- Licensing Executives' Society
- Associate, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Greater Vancouver Board of Trade
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
- Patent and Trademark Association of British Columbia
- Sports Lawyers Association
- International Trademark Association