Canadian IP Law Help for Foreign Associates
Welcome to our associates from around the world! Feel free to contact us at any time for questions related to Canadian IP law, or for referrals to associates in other countries.
Our QuoteLink facility above allows associates to enter a PCT number and receive our automatic quote for entering the national phase in Canada.
Because powers of attorney are not required in Canada, we can enter the national phase for PCT applications, and file patent, trademark, design, or copyright applications without your client being required to execute any documents.
Our associates’ fee schedule is available on request.
Our associates are reminded to also specify/provide the following when instructing us to file Canadian applications:
- Whether examination is to be requested upon filing
- If the publication was not in English or French, a translation of the application into one of those languages
- List specific goods and services, along with an identification of the Nice classes
- Whether the trademark has been used in Canada for each good and service, and if so, the date of first use in Canada
- If particular features are the distinctive portion of the design, rather than the overall configuration, specify those features
- The names, city of residence and citizenship of the individual authors, in addition to the name and address of the owner of the copyright
To request our quote for entering the National Phase in Canada, click here.