Lawrence drafts and prosecutes patent, trademark, and industrial design applications. He has appeared before the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal, and the Supreme Court of British Columbia.
His patent practice focuses on inventions in the mechanical, biotechnological, and software fields. His practice also includes intellectual property litigation, involving both infringement actions and appeals from administrative tribunals. Lawrence also advises clients about licensing and other transactions involving intellectual property.
A native Vancouverite, Lawrence enjoys spending his spare time hiking, playing the violin, and watching movies.
Membership & Affiliations
- Registered Canadian patent and trademark agent
- Authorized to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office in patent and trademark matters
- Canadian Bar Association
- Associate, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Public Awareness Committee, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (2011-2015)
- Sole and Small Practice Committee, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (2011-2015)
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (British Columbia)