Andy is involved in all aspects of patents and trademarks, including registrability searches, opinions, and the drafting and prosecution of trademark and patent applications. He has experience litigating before the Supreme Court of British Columbia and the Federal Court of Canada.
Prior to attending law school, Andy studied science at the University of British Columbia. While there, he researched obesity and type 2 diabetes, and authored a thesis titled Investigations into the Presence of Leptin in Pancreatic Islets. He remains interested in developments in biotechnology.
Andy also worked as a Combat Engineer with the Canadian Forces Army Reserve for over a decade. In his spare time, he enjoys playing volleyball and softball.
Membership & Affiliations
- Registered Canadian patent and trademark agent
- Authorized to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office in patent and trademark matters
- Canadian Bar Association
- Associate, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Committee Member, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada Committees 2017-2019:
- Sole and Small Practice Network
- Patent Legislation Committee
- Patent Agent Training Course Committee
- Trademark Agent Training Course Committee
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (British Columbia)
- Greater Vancouver Board of Trade:
- Leadership Forum Team Captain, Greater Vancouver Board of Trade 2017-2018