Andy is involved in all aspects of patents and trademarks, including registrability searches, opinions, and the drafting and prosecution of trademark and patent applications. He has experience litigating before the Supreme Court of British Columbia and the Federal Court of Canada.
Prior to attending law school, Andy studied science at the University of British Columbia. While there, he researched obesity and type 2 diabetes, and authored a thesis titled Investigations into the Presence of Leptin in Pancreatic Islets. He remains interested in developments in biotechnology.
Andy also worked as a Combat Engineer with the Canadian Forces Army Reserve for over a decade. In his spare time, he enjoys playing volleyball and softball.
Membership & Affiliations
- Registered Canadian patent and trademark agent
- Authorized to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office in patent and trademark matters
- Canadian Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Section, Biotechnology Committee 2015-2019
- Intellectual Property Section, Trademarks Committee 2018-2019
- BC Branch Civil Litigation Subsection 2016-2017
- Intellectual Property Institute of Canada
- Patent Agent Training Committee 2017-2021
- Patent Legislation Committee 2017-2019
- Trademark Agent Training Committee 2017-2021
- Sole and Small Practice Community 2017-2021
- Licensing Community 2019-2021
- International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Canada Patents Committee 2018-2019
- Canada Trademarks Committee 2019
- Canada Litigation Committee 2019
- Canada Copyright Committee 2019
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (British Columbia)
- Greater Vancouver Board of Trade 2017-2018
- Peer Leadership Forum Team Captain 2017-2018